Researcher at the MIT Center for Civic Media
May 2016 - present
Working with Nate on online policy experimentation.
Researcher at the Internet Policy Research Initiative
Dec 2015 - present
Working on network measurement.
Software Engineer Intern at MongoDB
Jun 2015 - Aug 2015
Worked on the core server team to build a log redaction feature in C++.
Software Engineer Intern at Twitter
Jun 2014 - Aug 2014
Built an HTTP service in Scala to increase user engagement.
Software Engineer Intern at Nextdoor
Jun 2013 - Aug 2013
Contributed to a workshop report on online harassment.
Sep 2015 - Dec 2015
Semester paper studying the policymaking and governance structures of the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF), a voluntary and open group that standardizes Internet protocols.
A music queue client, to interface with a Mopidy server.
March 2016 - May 2016
Photo series capturing friends in their rooms, exploring their relations to spaces in which they've both actively built and passively collected identities over varying ranges of time.
Designed and taught an entrepreneurship workshop at a high school in Amman, Jordan.
Teaching Assistant for MIT 6.UAT Oral Communication
Sep 2015 - Dec 2015
Helped lead recitations, gave feedback on assignments.
Teacher for MIT ESP Splash
Nov 2015, Nov 2016
Classes taught: 'Talking about Art, Gender, and Sexuality', 'What is Systems Theory?', 'Functional Programming in Haskell'.
Taught computer science at a high school in Prato, Italy, for one month, as a participant in MIT GTL.
MIT 2016-2017 Fall
- 6.829 Computer Networks
- IDS.131 Statistics, Computation and Applications
MIT 2015-2016 Spring
- 6.035 Compilers
- 17.000 Political Philosophy
- 21M.423 Conducting and Score-Reading
MIT 2015-2016 Fall
- 6.858 Computer Systems Security
- STS.082 Science, Tech, Public Policy
- 24.192 Language, Information, Power
- 18.03 Differential Equations
- 6.UAT (TA) Oral Communication
MIT 2014-2015 Spring
- 6.824 Distributed Systems
- 6.831 User Interface Design
- 6.046 Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- 6.UAT Oral Communication
- 21M.605 Voice and Speech for the Actor
MIT 2014-2015 Fall
- 6.814 Database Systems
- 6.170 Software Studio
- WGS.301 Feminist Thought
- 14.01 Principles of Microeconomics
MIT 2013-2014 Spring
- 6.033 Computer System Engineering
- 6.036 Intro to Machine Learning
- 15.053 Optimization Methods in Mgmt Sci
- 21M.302 Harmony and Counterpoint II
MIT 2013-2014 Fall
- 6.005 Software Construction
- 6.02 Intro to EECS II
- 6.041 Probabilistic Systems Analysis
- WGS.101 Intro Women's and Gender Studies
MIT 2012-2013 Spring
- 5.111 Principles of Chemical Science
- 6.004 Computation Structures
- 6.006 Intro to Algorithms
- 6.042 Math for Comp Sci
- 18.06 Linear Algebra
MIT 2012-2013 Fall
- 6.01 Intro to EECS I
- 6.S082 Public Speaking Practicum
- 7.012 Intro Biology
- 8.02 Electricity & Magnetism
- 24.900 Intro to Linguistics